Thursday, June 14, 2018

Braces Care - (Part 3)



~ Brushing ~

I brush my teeth twice a day. Once in the morning after I get up and right before I go to bed. Sometimes, if I was in my dorm for lunch, I would brush after I ate but I usually didn't carry a travel toothbrush in my bookbag so that wasn't a usual activity.



~ Rinsing ~

I rinse with mouthwash every night and most mornings. I rinse my mouth with plain water after most meals as a quick way to get the food remnants out from between my wires.


~ Flossing ~

Now here is where the almost in “following almost all the instructions” comes in that I mentioned in my first post of this series. I didn’t floss my teeth. I know, it’s horrible, incredibly detrimental to my dental hygiene, and shows lack of care. Flossing with braces is considerably more laborious than flossing without them. But the real fact is that: before I had braces I was still terrible at regular flossing and then after braces,  I was just too lazy to take the time to develop a flossing routine. I kick myself every time I disdainfully glare at the floss lying in my tooth care bag, quietly rebuking me every night. After all, flossing is a relatively simple and less time-consuming task than learning complex finance and accounting topics such as interest capitalization or accounting methods for derivatives and hedges that I somehow managed to find time for, but it just seems so much more difficult when it’s 10:45pm and I just want to crash into bed.  But the good news is that I’m getting better at flossing :)  I purchased these cool flossers that really help get in between the wires easily and I’ve been working really hard on maintaining consistency.



Disclaimer:
I am not a healthcare professional in any way, sort or form. I am only sharing my personal experience and would recommend that you consult a healthcare professional before entering into or following any course of action mentioned here or otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment